Access your Employment Insurance information
My Service Canada Account allows you to access your EI information in one place via a secure web site. It is fast, easy, convenient and secure.
If you have a current or previous claim for EI benefits, you can:
- View your current EI claim information
- View Records of Employment submitted electronically to Service Canada by your employers
- View and update your personal information including your mailing address, telephone number and banking information for direct deposit
- View payment information on your current claim including deduction details
- View your previous claims for EI benefits
You will also find:
- An online help function
- A list of frequently asked questions and links to related online services such as the online application for EI benefits
- Internet Reporting Service
- Job Bank
How to access your EI information online
To use My Service Canada Account, you must first get a Government of Canada epass, which includes a user ID and a password.
Then, to access your EI information the first time, you will need the following information:
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Your date of birth
- Your Access Code – Mailed to you after you apply for benefits and can be found on the Benefit Statement in the shaded area
- Your Province or Territory of residence.
- Any subsequent time you access My Service Canada Account, you will only need your Government of Canada epass user ID and password to access your EI information.
Viewing your EI claim information
You can view your EI claim information online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during times of system maintenance.